Here’s our commitment to you
For those who want the short and relevant answer, we will always, ALWAYS, respect your privacy, your email address, and the information you give us. We’re not going to sell it, trade it, or abuse any information you submit to us. But we’re sure you’ve got some questions. Here’s our answers to what may be running through your mind.
How’s my information going to be used?
When you sign up you’ll only get relevant information about The Indie Earth, personal development and complimentary access to The Indie Earth Method Starter Kit and programs, products or complimentary online events that pertain to Personal Growth.
How do I to stop receiving emails from you in the future?
If you wish to stop receiving emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided at the bottom of all our emails. But if you’re still receiving emails from us, don’t worry, our Customer Support Team will be there to assist you!
All you have to do is drop our Customer Support an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who’s going to get my information?
Your information’s safe with us. So don’t worry about getting spam emails about any unrelated subjected to the matters we have mentioned above. These emails will always be sent from us and only us.
What if I email you guys?
Your emails are confidential and we won’t share your email, data, or email address. Cool? It’s just between you and us.
What if I post in one of your forums or blog posts?
Occasionally we hold public discussions through forums within the Site. This may be on blog posts we put up or in our membership area. Please be aware that this is public space. Would you shout out your credit card information in public? Probably not. Use this same discretion when you post on our forums.
Got more questions? You can get a hold of our customer happiness manager at email@example.com
For the full and ever so much fun legalese, just read below :)
Your privacy is very important to us.
We want to make your experience on the Site as enjoyable and rewarding as possible, and we want you to use the internet’s vast array of information, tools, and opportunities with complete confidence.
In the event you have any objection to your information being transferred or used in this way please do not use the Site.
COLLECTION AND USAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Users will be required to provide certain personal information when they sign up for Products or Services including their name, address, email-id, telephone number, billing information (such as a credit card number). The Company also collects information regarding the type of personal computer/mobile devices & tablets/ any other digital device use to access our services or application being used to access the Services. The personal information collected from Users during the registration process (or at any other time) is used primarily to provide and improve Services. This includes using the personal information to process the order placed by you.
Your information will never be licensed or sold to any third party without your consent. However, we may make limited disclosure of personal information under the specific circumstances described in the “Disclosure” section below.
Insofar as the purpose relates to the execution of a contract agreed with you or the provision of a service requested by you, the legal basis is Article 6 (1) b EU General Data Protection Regulation(“GDPR”). Otherwise, the legal basis is Article 6 (1) f GDPR, whereby we may use your personal data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests.
- Affiliate Links
- Responses to email inquiries
When you communicate with us or other users regarding products, services and for any other enquiry by phone, post, email or any other medium, we collect the content of your messages. This information will be used by us to address your query, to provide and improve the services.
Insofar as the purpose relates to the execution of a contract agreed with you or the provision of a service requested by you, the legal basis is Article 6 (1) b GDPR. Otherwise, the legal basis is Article 6 (1) f GDPR, whereby we may use your personal data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests.
- Automatic Collection of Information
Cookies: Our Company use “Cookies” to collect information which includes, without limitation, third-party cookies like Google and Facebook. Accepting Cookies is not a prerequisite for using the Site. We would, however, like to point out that the Cookies are important for marketing and analytics. You can accordingly select if you wish to activate or deactivate cookies using the settings available in your browser. Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, at a web site’s request. The Company Cookies do not collect any personal information till such time you make a purchase on our Site. The Cookies are used primarily for the following purposes:
- to keep track of temporary information. For example, Cookies allow us to keep track of the pictures you upload and download;
- to register you in special programs. Cookies allow us to remember you when you login to the places on our site that require Membership;
- to remember the information you shared;
- to store your preferences and settings on your device and to enhance your experience;
- to help us understand the size of our audience and traffic patterns;
- to collect and record information about what you viewed on the Site and what you viewed in our e-mail;
- to manage and present site information and the pictures displayed on your computer,
- to understand and improve how our products perform;
- to collect data about your online activity and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising/information that is most relevant to you;
- the production of findings on demography, interests, our users’ shopping and usage habits as well as the marketing on these findings within the framework of advertising services provided to third parties.
The Cookies used by the Site may come from the Company or advertising partners. If you only wish to accept the Company’s Cookies, but not our advertising partners’ Cookies, you can choose the corresponding setting in your browser (e.g. “block third-party cookies”). The help function in your web browser’s menu bar generally shows you have to reject new Cookies, and to turn off Cookies which have already been received. We recommend that you completely log out after you finish using the Site on shared computers which are set to accept Cookies and flash Cookies.
Our services use three categories of Cookies:
- Necessary Cookies: These Cookies are required for optimal navigation and operation of the Site. For example, these Cookies are used to implement the basket function, such that the goods in your basket stay saved while you continue with the purchase. The necessary Cookies also serve to save particular inputs and settings which you have made so that you don’t have to constantly repeat them, and to adapt Company’s content to your individual interests. Only limited use of the Site is possible without necessary Cookies.
- Statistical Cookies: These Cookies collect device and access data to analyse the use of the Site, such as which areas of the Site are used how (so-called surfing behaviour), how fast content is loaded and whether errors occur. These Cookies only contain anonymous or pseudonymous information and are only used to improve the Site and to find out what our users are interested in, and to measure how effective our advertising is. Statistical Cookies can be blocked without adversely affecting the navigation and operation of the Site.
- Marketing Cookies (“tracking cookies”): These Cookies contain identifiers and collect device and access data, in order to adapt personalised advertising on the Site to your individual interests. Our advertising partners who operate online advertising networks also collect device and access data on the Site. This allows us to display personalised advertising on other websites and in other providers’ apps which fits your interests (so-called retargeting). Marketing Cookies can be blocked without adversely affecting the navigation and operation of the Site. Shopping personalisation may, however, not be possible.
Web beacons: We may also place small “tracker gifs” or “beacons” on many of the pages on the Site, in online advertising with third parties, and in our email. We use these beacons, in connection with Cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our site including but not limited to the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the referring web page, the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, NetScape), the type of operating system (e.g., Windows, Linux, or Mac), and the domain name of the visitor’s internet service provider (e.g., AOL). We also include web beacons or similar technologies in our electronic communications to determine whether you open and act on them.
In addition to placing web beacons on the Site, we sometimes work with other companies to place our web beacons on their websites or in their advertisements. We also use web beacons or similar technologies from third-party analytics providers, which help us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations. This helps us develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement on our website results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser’s website. This information is useful in, for example, tracking the performance of our online advertising such as online banner ads and to determine where to place future advertising on other web sites. These technologies enable the analytics providers to set or read their own Cookies or other identifiers on your device, through which they can collect information about your online activities across applications, websites or other products.
With your consent: We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
If data processing for the above purposes occurs with your consent, the legal basis is Article 6 (1) a GDPR (consent). This data processing otherwise occurs on the basis of Article 6 (1) f GDPR, whereby the legitimate interests are for the above purposes.
Some parts of the Site may enable you to participate in public services such as discussion boards, chats, and live events. Please use discretion when posting personal information about yourself when using these services. Be aware that when you disclose personal information at these sites, such as your name, member name, email address, etc., the information may be collected and used by others to send unsolicited email. The Services are open to the public, and what you post there can be seen by anyone and is not protected. We try to moderate the comments as best we can but we can’t guarantee total control of the comments that you may receive while you participate in these services. Sometimes, you may find other people’s comments to be offensive, harmful or inaccurate.
If data processing for the above purposes occurs with your consent, the legal basis is Article 6 (1) a GDPR (consent). This data processing data otherwise occurs on the basis of Article 6 (1) f GDPR, whereby the legitimate interests are for the above purposes.
- For Crime Prevention and Investigation
We may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to the Site.
If your data is processed to prevent fraud at your expense, the legal basis is Article 6 (1) b GDPR. This processing of your data otherwise occurs on the basis of Article 6 (1) f GDPR, based on our legitimate interest and that of other users in the identification and prevention of fraud and clarification of criminal offences.
- For Marketing and Advertisement
We use your data, also within the framework of data analysis, for advertising and market research, in particular for the following purposes:
- Classification into various target and user groups within the framework of market research (user segmentation).
- Findings on various target groups and their respective usage habits and shopping interests.
- The production of findings on demography, interests, our users’ shopping and usage habits as well as the marketing on these findings within the framework of advertising services provided to third parties.
- The early identification of trends in the areas of fashion and online shopping.
- The execution of advertising to existing customers.
- The execution of direct marketing, e.g. in the form of newsletters.
- The planning, execution and success monitoring of advertising corresponding to the interests of the target groups being addressed (personalised advertising).
- Findings as to how our services are used (usage analysis).
- The marketing of the above findings within the framework of advertising services for advertising customers.
Depending on the purpose, we use the data we have stored for data analysis. For example, we use summarised (aggregated), statistical, depersonalised (anonymised) profile information or data which can only be assigned to persons via further intermediate steps (pseudonymised profile information) as well as shopping and device and access data in order to understand and analyse purchasing processes using data analysis. This gives us anonymous or pseudonymised findings on our users’ general usage behaviour.
We process your data on the basis of balancing of interests to protect our legitimate interests or those of third parties (such as advertising partners or dealers which participate in Company’s partner programme). Company’s legitimate interest or that of third parties in data processing derives from the relevant purposes and is, unless otherwise indicated, of a competitive and economic nature.
If data processing for the above purposes occurs with your consent, the legal basis is Article 6 (1) a GDPR (consent). This data processing data otherwise occurs on the basis of Article 6 (1) f GDPR, whereby the legitimate interests are for the above purposes.
- Other Purposes
If data protection law allows it, we can use your data for new purposes such as carrying out data analyses and developing the Services and content without your consent. It is a prerequisite for this that these new purposes which the data is to be used for were not fixed or foreseeable when the relevant data was collected and the new purposes are compatible with the purposes for which the relevant data was originally collected. For example, new developments in the legal or technical sphere and new business models and services may lead to new processing purposes.
- Mergers or Reorganization
TRANSFER OF DATA
We forward your data if it is permissible under the applicable law. We work particularly closely with certain service providers, for example with technical service providers (e.g. running computer centres, cloud platform for storing the data) or with logistics companies or payment gateway service provider. These service providers may generally only process your data on our behalf under special conditions. Where we use them to process orders, the service providers only receive access to your data in the scope and for the time period required for provision of the relevant service. If they process your data outside the European Union, this may mean that your data is transmitted to a country with a lower data protection standard than the European Union. In such cases we will ensure that the relevant service providers contractually or otherwise guarantee an equivalent data protection level.
We share information globally, both internally within the Company, and externally with our partners in accordance with this policy. Your information may, for example, be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in the United States. Many systems and technologies are shared within the Company Group. This allows us to offer you a more economical, secure, unified and personalised service. Therefore, companies within Company group which require access to your data to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations, or to fulfil their respective functions within Company group, receive this access.
We use a combination of data centres and cloud service providers to store this personal data in the United States. When personal data is transferred to the United States, it is either done so through the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield or through contractual data protection addenda (DPAs) with third-party service providers. The EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shields are also considered adequate under the GDPR.
As part of advertising campaigns we forward data to social network providers within the scope of data protection law. You can find further information under “Collection and use of your data for Marketing and Advertising”.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CONTROL YOUR INFORMATION
You have a right to be informed of personal data processed by the Company (Article 15 GDPR), a right to rectification/correction (Article 16 GDPR), deletion (Article 17 GDPR) and restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR), right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR), right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Article 77 GDPR), right to withdraw consent (Article 7 (3) GDPR) as well as the right to object to particular data processing measures (Article 21 GDPR). In order to ensure that your data is not disclosed to third parties in the course of requests for information, please attach sufficient proof of identity to your request by email or post. We cannot provide, rectify or delete any other user’s data that we store on behalf of our users or customers.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep.
- Withdrawal of Consent
If you have given consent for the processing of your data, you may withdraw it at any time. Withdrawal has no effect on the lawfulness of the processing of your data which took place before such withdrawal. Where you have asked us to share data with third parties, for example, by installing third-party apps, you will need to contact those third-party service providers directly to have your information deleted or otherwise restricted. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed. You further agree that the Company shall not be held liable with respect to any loss and/or damage to your personal data if you choose to withdraw consent.
- Access and Update your Information
You can update your profile information within your profile settings and modify content that contains information about you using the editing tools associated with that content.
- Delete your Information:
Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Request that we stop using your information:
In some cases, you may ask us to restrict or stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information. For example, You can also opt-out of our use of your information for marketing purposes, when you have earlier consented for it by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. When you make such requests, we may need time to investigate and facilitate your request. If there is delay or dispute as to whether we have the right to continue using your information, we will restrict any further use of your information until the request is honoured or the dispute is resolved, provided your administrator does not object (where applicable).
- Opt out of Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database.
OUR COMPANY’S COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
Services and web sites we sponsor have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
The Company stores your data with the cloud platform of WooCommerce provided by [*WooCommerce.*]
RETENTION OF DATA
We will store your usage data as long as is necessary for the purposes named in the Policy, especially for the fulfilment of our contractual and legal obligations, or until such time when you request for its deletion. We may also store your personal data for other purposes if or as long as the law allows us store it for particular purposes, including for defence against legal claims.
If you delete your customer account, we will delete all the data we have stored regarding you. If it is not possible or necessary to completely delete your data for legal reasons, the relevant data will be restricted for further processing. Even if your data is not subject to any legal retention obligation, we may refrain in the cases allowed by the law from immediate deletion and instead restrict processing. This applies especially in cases where we may need the relevant data for further contractual processing or prosecution or legal defence (e.g. in the event of complaints).
Deletion may be waived in the cases allowed by law if the data is anonymous or pseudonymous and deletion would rule out or seriously hinder processing for scientific research or statistical purposes.
If you have a privacy concern, or a question for our Chief Privacy Officer or Data Protection Officer, please contact us on [email@example.com]. You can also raise a concern or lodge a complaint with a data protection authority or other official with jurisdiction.
Unless otherwise stated, KCN LIFE PRIVATE LIMITED is the data controller for the personal data we collect through the products subject to this statement. This Site is owned and operated by KCN LIFE PRIVATE LIMITED, a company incorporated in India, having its registered address at Plot 95A, Block B, Vikas Nagar, Uttam Nagar, New Delhi, India – 110059. You can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your California Privacy Rights
Information We Collect
You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on our site, via our social media pages or through one of our mobile applications. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Personal or business contact information (such as name, address and email address, social media, name of your company or department, and your business function or title);
- Demographic information (such as age, gender, physical characteristics and skincare concerns);
III. A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our sites;
- Information you provide by interacting with us through our sites, including by submitting questions, commenting on our forums and interacting with us through social media;
- Information provided through social media networks or one of our mobile applications when you visit our social media pages or use one of our mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network or application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications);
- Contact information of individuals with whom you would like to share our content; Payment information (such as account or credit card number for processing through our third party payment processor); and
VII. other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
If you submit any personal information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the services (such as if you gift a subscription to another person), you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
When you visit our site, view or click on our online advertisements (including our advertisements on third party websites), visit our social media pages or download and use one of our mobile applications, we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies. The information we may collect automatically includes:
- Usage information. Whenever you visit or interact with our sites, we, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how our sites are accessed and used (“Usage information”). Usage information may include browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the page served, the time, the preceding page views, and your use of features or applications on our sites, as well as search terms that visitors use to reach our sites. This information helps us keep our sites usable for our visitors and allows us to tailor content to a visitor’s interests.
- Device Identifier. We automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the Device (computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device) you use to access our sites. A Device Identifier is a number that is assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer our sites, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page movements, help identify you and your interests, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
III. Cookies; Pixel Tags. The technologies used on our sites to collect Usage information, including Device Identifiers, include but are not limited to: cookies (data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit our sites), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed). Cookies may also be used to associate you with social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter and, if you so choose, enable interaction between your activities on our sites and your activities on such social networking sites. We, or our partners, may place cookies or similar files on your Device for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation, to perform analytics, and personalize your experience while visiting our sites (such as allowing us to select which ads or offers are most likely to appeal to you, based on your interests, preferences, location or demographic information). A pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server.
- To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, or prevent tracking activities, please refer to your browser’s tools or help menu or other instructions related to your browser. In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests. We may use third-party website analytics tools that collect automated information about visitor traffic on our sites, such as Google Analytics.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for a variety of business purposes such as to respond to your questions and requests for services; provide you with access to certain areas and features; purchase history; verify your identity; communicate with you about your account and activities on our sites, modify or change any of our policies; tailor content, advertisements, and offers we serve you; improve our sites; comply with contractual obligations; and for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent. We may also collect information for purposes such as:
- Communicate with you (including by phone or by email) about our products, services, offers, surveys, events and promotions, and oﬀer products and services we believe may be of interest to you;
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your online purchase history, assist with online selection and replenishment, process your payment card and/or gift card transactions;
III. Publish your testimonials about The Indie Earth, including on our sites, forums, blogs, and social media assets (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will generally only include your name, title, photo and other information which you have provided);
- Analyse and enhance our marketing communications and lead generation strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read);
- Analyse trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites; and Protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose personal information about you, except as described in this Policy. We may share non-personal information, such as aggregate data and Usage information with third parties. We may share the information we collect with our affiliated companies, business partners, ad network vendors and their participants, and other third parties for the purposes described in this Policy, including to communicate with you about products and services, offers, events and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also share the information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform certain services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
Your Privacy Rights, Choice and Access
We oﬀer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You control the personal information that you provide to us on our sites, but some personal information is required by us in order for you to obtain services from us or for you to use our sites. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information on our sites, you may not be able to take advantage of some of the services we offer or use some functionality on our sites. Except as provided above, we will not share personal information collected on our sites with third parties without your consent. You may also direct us to stop sending you promotional emails by following the removal instructions in a communication you receive from us. Your opt-out request will be processed within a reasonable period of time following the date on which we receive it. We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., Social Security numbers, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics or other criminal background) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
If you wish to modify, verify, correct, or delete any of your personal information collected through our sites, you may edit your registered user information or contact us at email@example.com In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain personal information you have submitted through our sites. We are under no obligation to store such personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information. It may not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. We will retain your information (including geo-location data) for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your online account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services through the platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We do not control certain privacy settings and preferences maintained by our social media partners. If you wish to make changes to those settings and preferences, you may do so by visiting the settings page of the appropriate social media site.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that The Indie Earth has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to The Indie Earth, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit your request, please email email@example.com
Opt Out of Sale (Cookie Preferences)
Access and Correction
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with reasonable access to the personal information we maintain about you. We will also provide you a reasonable opportunity to correct, amend or delete that information where it is inaccurate. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time. We may limit or deny access to personal information where providing such access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances, or as we otherwise deem appropriate. In addition, please note that (i) we may not be able to edit or delete your personal information stored with our third-party service providers, and (ii) we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements).
Our sites are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain their personal information without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
REVISIONS TO THIS POLICY
If certain changes require us to take your consent then such changes shall only be made with your consent.
Contact details for our data protection officer:
Thanks so much for reading the Policy.